Eight weeks of play in the 2015 regular season have passed and no game may be bigger than the matchup this week. Wednesday night will see undefeated Seneca WarChiefs (9-0) travel to Canandaigua Civic Center to face the Rochester J-Hawks (7-2). The teams have proven to be the teams-to-beat this season and this game could be a preview of the FNJBLL playoff finals if the standings end as they are.
Week 8 Recap
With the holiday last week, much of the league were idle. Just two games were played on July 5. Rochester dominated Kanehsatake Warriors in a 22-5 win while Tonawanda Jr. Braves pulled off a surprise by defeating the red-hot Onondaga Jr. Redhawks 8-7 at Logan Field Outdoor Box. The loss snapped a 5-game win streak for the Redhawks, who had not lost since May 31 in Rochester.
Rochester Head Coach Craig Whipple was satisfied with the win over Kanehsatake saying, “they scored first, but we responded immediately. We led 6-3 after the first and did not look back.”
J-Hawks sniper Connor Fields continued his torrid scoring pace with six goals and an assist against the Warriors. John Antonio (2 G, 5 A) also put up seven points in the win. Other multi-point scorers were Tom Lacrosse (5 G, 1 A), Zeus Doser (3 G, 1 A). Del Enright earned the victory in net for Rochester.
Week 9 Schedule
Wednesday, July 8
- Seneca WarChiefs at Rochester J-Hawks, 7 PM at Canandaigua Civic Center
Saturday, July 11
- Vermont Jr. Voyageurs at Tonawanda Jr. Braves, 4 PM at Logan Field
- Rochester J-Hawks at Kanehsatake Warriors, 7 PM at Aréna Kevin-Lowe
Sunday, July 12
- Rochester J-Hawks at Montreal Jr. Shamrocks, noon at Bill Durnan Arena
- Vermont Jr. Voyageurs at Seneca WarChiefs, 1 PM at Allegany Community Center
- Onondaga Jr. Redhawks at Kanehsatake Warriors, 4 PM at Aréna Kevin-Lowe